News of Beyonce’s pregnancy with twins came nearly a month after it was announced that she would headline Coachella 2017. As expected, she has cancelled.
In a joint statement from Bey, alongside Parkwood Entertainment and festival producer Goldenvoice, they revealed that doctors recommended against the performance… and she has taken their advice. “Following the advice of her doctors to keep a less rigorous schedule in the coming months, Beyoncé has made the decision to forgo performing at the 2017 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival,” said the statement.
Despite the news, Beyonce fans still have something to look forward to, because she is now set to headline next year’s show.
“Goldenvoice and Parkwood are pleased to confirm that she will be a headliner at the 2018 festival. Thank you for your understanding,” the statement also said.
It’s unclear how far along Beyonce is in her pregnancy, but given photos she released, it would be a stretch for her to perform at Coachella in late April.
Goldenvoice has not announced who will replace Beyonce at the 2017 festival. So far, the festival boasts a lineup that includes Friday headliner Radiohead (on April 14 and 21) and Sunday’s headliner Kendrick Lamar (on April 16 and 23). Stay tuned…