Home Sport Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor Fight “Very, Very Close”, Says Sources
Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor Fight “Very, Very Close”, Says Sources
0

Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor Fight “Very, Very Close”, Says Sources

0

After a number of jabs throw in the media, reports are coming in that Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor have agreed to terms in what is being called a billion-dollar boxing match.

According to The Irish Sun, the terms are set, but a date and further details cannot be announced, due to “a third-party hold up”, which is likely the UFC, whom McGregor is under contract with.

Despite the report, Mayweather took to social media on Wednesday (Feb. 14) denying the claims, saying he’s “happily retired and enjoying my life!”

 

Sources tell ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith that talks of the potential Mayweather-McGregor superfight are “very, very close”. In fact, Conor was in Las Vegas on Monday evening (Feb. 13), where Mayweather lives and trains.

Nevada State Athletic Commission chairman Anthony Marnell told ESPN that the commission is aware of active negotiations between the two camps, but said the fight faces several challenges.

“There is a lot of real stuff going on,” Marnell said. “It still seems like a long shot, but when there is a lot of money involved, people tend to figure it out. There are a lot of cooks in the kitchen, but I’m not sure if we’re going to eat.

“The Nevada Athletic Commission, in my experience, has always been well-briefed by all parties on an event or potential event that may take place in Las Vegas. We are aware of conversations and information that has been disclosed and not disclosed in the media. Whether these conversations will get to a point that a fight happens, I can’t tell you.”

McGregor obtained a boxing license in California in December, though he has never boxed professionally.

So far, UFC president Dana White has publicly offered McGregor and Mayweather $25 million each for the potential boxing match, which Mayweather has laughed at. McGregor, on the other hand, has demanded $100 million for the fight and said he’d be willing to do it with or without the UFC’s involvement. White, however, says it won’t happen without him.

LEAVE YOUR COMMENT