Submit a Film
Each film that is submitted goes through a submission review process and an acceptance process. In the submission review process, we review your film from your online screener or DVD.
Once we have received and screened your film, we will contact you. If your film is accepted or we’ve contacted you for acquisitions, please refer to the Acceptance Process below.
The film submission is a two part process:
1. If you do not have an account with FAME, create one for free. IMPORTANT: Please create the FAME account as the profile of the Director or Producer. This will be the filmmaker profile attached to the film on our site.
2. “Start the submission process”
3. Follow the on-screen instructions for entering your metadata for your film. “Lock and Submit” your film once you are complete. Once you “Lock and Submit” your film, you cannot make changes to the info for your film through your Dashboard. You must submit a change request to email@example.com to update any of your info.
4. Please send us a link to an online screener or mail us a DVD screener. Send us your DVD to: P.O.Box.
5. We will notify you if your film has been accepted. Look over our Movie Format and Asset Requirements section to speed up the process if we accept your film.
You must retain the license for all music in your films.
We may also require a chain of title in the rare cases your film has transferred several legal owners.
6. Once you have submitted your film please sign your contract and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Once your film has been accepted, we need you to send us a Filmmaker Agreement and the appropriate tax form. If the film rights holder is in the U.S., that will be a W9 tax form, and if the film rights holder is outside the U.S. we will need a W-8BEN tax form.*
2. We require you to send us all your high quality content including a QuickTime film and trailer master, title card, movie poster, subtitles (if any), director headshot(s), director bio, press kits and any assets you use to promote your film. See the Movie Format and Asset Requirements page for details and specs. Contact email@example.com for any questions regarding anything technical.
* In order to be released we must have both the filmmaker agreement and appropriate tax form. We will NOT release your film if we are missing these documents. Your information remains strictly confidential.
3. You can send us your assets through Dropbox or Google Drive. We can accept film assets sent on hard drive through snail mail. Refer to our How to Send Us Your Assets page for instructions on how to send us your materials.
FAME Can Bring That Independent Success
FAME is for the “filmmakers” online marketplace and distribution company created to empower filmmakers (both as artists and as entrepreneurs) and to make films from around the world available to a broad multi-platform audience. FAME is not the typical distribution company, so please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.Even if your film becomes available on FAME, it doesn’t mean you will automatically start making money. Getting your film onto this platforms is just the first step. You have to help drive traffic and get people to watch your film. This is why building an audience is so important.
With FAME, filmmakers are not locked in and are always free to explore other outlets.
The Money Part
Filmmakers with films on FAME.WATCH will share the comission pool based on purchase viewes of their film by paying subscribers.
Available Revenue Sources
Online Streaming on FAME.WATCH: We offer both a monthly and annual streaming membership that grant unlimited access to all movies on FAME.
FAME pay-per-view and streaming royalties are paid out on a monthly basis. You may choose the method of payment – either by PayPal account or check – and expect it to arrive 90 business days after the quarter ends. Please note, your filmmaker backend accounting currently only tracks sales from FAME.WATCH.
About The Marketing
Once your film is officially listed as an FAME, we help with the marketing component. All available digital assets are utilized such as preview scene clips, trailers, stills and reviews as well as other communication methods like blogging, facebooking and tweeting.
[contact-form-7 id=”2517″ title=”Submit”]